Sunday, July 16, 2006

Beautiful Music

My next crooked quilt is not quite finished yet. I still have to find the "right" border fabrics. I'd like to do a smaller border in red, but alas....I made the mistake of buying too little of the red fabric I used in the quilt and have yet to find a match for that precise shade. Who knew there were so many colors of red?! And then I'll add a broader dark brown outer border...again...WHEN I find the right fabric.

I chose the center fabrics with the instruments on them mostly because of my musical family. With two guitar players, a cellist/pianist and all of them vocalists/composers, you can imagine that we have melodic and harmonic tones filling corners of our home at pretty much every minute of every day. Up until now, my contribution has been as number-one-fan (and "roadie" of course!). Now I can join in the "song". I don't have a name for this one yet. How about, "And the Band Played On"?


No comments: