Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A Little Befuddled...


I recognize that at this time of year the expectation is that one will blog about the New Year, resolutions, goals, plans...perhaps stopping briefly to look back at the year that went before and ponder and ruminate upon your own mental "highlight" reel. I do recognize that...but I can't seem to bring myself to do it.


2008 is starting very s l o w l y for me. I can't seem to get my mind or energies wrapped around the whole "new beginning" feeling nor can I muster the enthusiasm or imagination to make goals and resolutions. I'm a GREAT starter...all beginnings thrill me, but...not this time...not yet.


Today, I'm taking down our Christmas tree and rearranging our living room restoring space and, hopefully, order. Perhaps THEN I will feel more like I'm standing on the precipice of a hopeful and happy new year. Currently...I just have a headache. :)

1 comment:

BessieJoy said...

I'm feeling the same way and actually doing the same things in my living room today.

I WANT to make goals, just don't feel like I have the energy. I AM looking forward to getting back into our routine.

Hope your headache is gone soon!