Friday, August 24, 2007

Bad Idea: A Novel (with Coyotes)




I'm not much of a reviewer. As a matter of fact, I've given thumbs up to books I later wished I'd advised a bonfire for, so I recommend this book with much hesitation and a few cautions.

If you're looking for a nice, easy Christian read: predictable and comfy from start to finish...do NOT read this book. Here's a review from Amazon.com

"BAD IDEA by Todd and Jedd Hafer takes readers on a road trip with eighteen-year old Griffin Smith. About the time I thought I knew just who the main character was, another - and sometimes disturbing, facet of his personality would be revealed.

Difficult subjects are not shied away from or addressed in a predictable way. Each chapter brought a surprise, and kept the action and the road trip moving forward - with a few unexpected detours.

I especially enjoyed the hilarious, mental riffs Griffin would take off on. Reading BAD IDEA represents a departure from my usual fare, and I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone to read this book. Once I started, I had no intention of cutting my trip short."

Bad Idea: A Novel (with Coyotes)

No comments: